Monday, March 28, 2011
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Friday, March 25, 2011
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Here is some 3d photos and more of the new album by michael nervous.
the photos are of the 3ds event in chicago.
-at the event you can try out street fighter in 3d, deep sea diver that is a ship/sub game that you spin around to look through your periscope 3d, need for speed driving game 3d, a flying game similar to the wii game where you have to land on targets or can just fly around 3d, nintendogs and cats in 3d, madden in 3d bears vs. packers is the game they had set up as well as an ar game where you look right through the screen and shoot at whatever is in front of the camera (like the floor or a table - this is your background) and boxes or other objects. the 3d is amazing on all of the games.
-other things i noticed. it is set up different than the dsi
- the headphone jack is in the center of the 3ds just below the touch screen on the outer shell (rather than the right on all the previous models)
-there are three buttons just above the jack that take you to different menus (like home)
- the 3d slider is on the top panel even with the bottom of the screen (moves easily but the only button anywhere near it is the top r button- you may bump sometime...just pause and re-align.
-it just seems a lot faster not just the graphics - but load time as well...nice
these where shot on the 3ds!!!
This is part 1 of my review of the 3ds.
- tested the games and the camera
- the camera put the files into a single jpeg for 2d and an mpo for 3d I had to split the mpo file and put into a 3d editing program. i did not edit these photos as i wanted to show from 3ds to youtube how it would look (however the program aligns the photos - i did not align manually- that is why the single object photos look 3d and the ones with several objects appear un-aligned.
I spent 4 days trying to mix the video of the shots from the camera with other 3d footage I took with my fujifilm 3d camera with no luck. so i will show the videos seperate.
- overall this is the most elaborate ds system to come out. the ar games are amazing the use of the camera for non ar games is also amazing, the 3d looks great but does require some effort to adjust the lever to get each game and distance correct for your eyes-but once you do it's really good.
- i did not plug in headphones once i found out i could not insert the ds 10 software and was so into the games i forgot to even test the sound quality.
-they had a mii station where you create your mii and email it to yourself (not to be put back on your 3ds) I suppose had i been thinking i could have saved the mii on the sd card but i was more into the 3d camera.
part 1 of the song is just an edit - the next video will have more of it.
Monday, March 21, 2011
Friday, March 18, 2011
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
how to dodge lasers
- Immediate download of 14-track album in your choice of 320k mp3, FLAC, or just about any other format you could possibly desire.
warmth of the sun 02:34
thought process 04:01
ice colony 02:47
at the speed of neurons 02:21
hope and despair 03:09
fight town 03:41
a new girl appears! 04:35
a matter of honour 04:11
the future is bright 03:41
- My first album is a collection of songs that explore the sonic and compositional possibilities of KORG's DS-10 synthesizer.
A multitude of styles are traversed in the 14 songs here, including retro game bleeps, calculated house riffs, frantic drum and bass rhythms, orchestral articulations, and adjective plurals.
It is also a tribute to various things that have interested me over the years: visions of the future; inconsequential life experiences; real and imaginary things. I hope that some of these randomly caught ideas can be successfully conveyed to you through this album.
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
This is awesome! check it out here.
It's all made on the dsi using korg ds 10.
The 5 song ep/album consist of these TRACKS:
1) Cars (Gary Numan)
2) Promise (When in Rome)
3) Never Let Me Down Again (Depeche Mode)
4) Souvenir (OMD)
5) Space Age Love Song (A Flock of Seagulls)
6) Head Over Heels (Tears For Fears)
"Synthlove" is an EP of six 1980's cover songs sequenced on a handheld gaming console (Nintendo DSi/Korg DS-10+).
My love for early synthpop has combined with the immediacy of sequencing on a handheld game console.
How did I do it?
I sequenced the songs in “dual” mode on the Korg DS-10+ cart. This was a challenge due to the 4 note limit of the software! It is hard to squeeze any chordal depth or texture out of such a limited tone range. The DS also exhibits a great deal of aliasing, so sounds had to be chosen carefully. At times, I had to use the tracks that are dedicated to percussion as additional tonal instruments.
After the sequencing was completed, I plugged the headphone jack of the DSi into my audio interface and recorded the sequences into my computer using Sonar 8.5PE. I recorded the vocals over the instrumental sequences using an AKG 414, mixed, mastered and done! I licensed the songs for digital distribution through Limelight.
here is the blog where you can read up.
Monday, March 14, 2011
here are the links.
youtube (best option)
Sunday, March 13, 2011
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
If you use a moleskin pocket sized notebook or would like to print this out and use it as a notebook without buying a moleskin here ya go...it's only on the upper left template right now. I will upload a new version that has all four filled once I am happy with the quality. Sorry for wasting paper right now.
my moleskin notebook for ds-10Below is what the sheet looks like next to the notebook
moleskin patch sheet download!
click on the pic for some ds-10 patches. I have yet to try them out. i stumbled upon them when I was looking for a patch sheet (i misplaced the one i made).
link to the korg ds 10 forum where the discussion of these patches and explanation as well as audio samples is here.
Monday, March 7, 2011
This is awesome! I saw it when it came out and completely forgot to post it. it's available on the internet archive. features 22 tracks from ds 10 artists around the world. check it out!!!
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Saturday, March 5, 2011
On march 27 2011 the nintendo 3ds will arrive in stores.
So this is the third nintendo handheld to come out since the blog began. dsi, dsi xl and now 3ds. I skipped the xl (even though I may have wanted it). anyway I have spent the night checking it out online and it looks amazing!...honestly have kept tabs since the announcement as i love nintendo portables and 3d cameras u can see why I would want this. I have to say that I have not read anywhere about improved audio output from the dsi ( i may have just overlooked). I think if you are buying this you are going to be playing games more than making music on it as it is loaded with features. It would be great if someone would make some music software for it or if sanodg would make the ds 10 into a 3d, augmented reality, gyro / motion experince. I am excited for this for train rides to work.