Things i have come across so far:
1. when switching from song mode to pattern mode wherever you stop play is where the switch is made. all the tracks that are muted will not show up in the other mode. all you have to do is unmute the tracks of both decks in the mixer. even after unmuting the tracks my song will still play sometimes but the boxes are missing in the pattern (currently don't know why).
2. ds-10 only sometimes asks me if i'm sure i would like to stop play before song mode starts, maybe 3 out of 10 times. not sure why.
3. when copying patterns be careful to select your pattern, check which deck, hit copy and touch the empty pattern. repeat with the other deck. if you are not careful here it's easy to accidentally copy over patterns.
4. saving to seperate slots. you save deck a and deck b seperatly. this means you have half the amount of save space as the original ds-10.
these things are fine. if you are like me and do everything fast and without paying attention, you may go over things accidentally.
5. it is really easy to pick up and very hard to put down. you will miss your train stop, maybe even on purpose.
6. track mute makes this worth the wait.
to be continued.....