Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Synthlove by Arman Bohn korg ds 10 covers



This is awesome! check it out here.

It's all made on the dsi using korg ds 10.

The 5 song ep/album consist of these TRACKS:
1) Cars (Gary Numan)
2) Promise (When in Rome)
3) Never Let Me Down Again (Depeche Mode)
4) Souvenir (OMD)
5) Space Age Love Song (A Flock of Seagulls)
6) Head Over Heels (Tears For Fears)

"Synthlove" is an EP of six 1980's cover songs sequenced on a handheld gaming console (Nintendo DSi/Korg DS-10+).

arman adds...

My love for early synthpop has combined with the immediacy of sequencing on a handheld game console.

How did I do it?
I sequenced the songs in “dual” mode on the Korg DS-10+ cart. This was a challenge due to the 4 note limit of the software! It is hard to squeeze any chordal depth or texture out of such a limited tone range. The DS also exhibits a great deal of aliasing, so sounds had to be chosen carefully. At times, I had to use the tracks that are dedicated to percussion as additional tonal instruments.

After the sequencing was completed, I plugged the headphone jack of the DSi into my audio interface and recorded the sequences into my computer using Sonar 8.5PE. I recorded the vocals over the instrumental sequences using an AKG 414, mixed, mastered and done! I licensed the songs for digital distribution through Limelight.

Enjoy!

here is the blog where you can read up.